Saturday, September 09, 2006

Brad's Excellent Adventure

The purpose of this blog will be to keep my friends, family, and whoever else wants to read it informed about what is going on with me during my military deployment to the Middle East. I plan for this to be kind of a journal or diary, in which I’ll talking to my family, my friends, and my future self, as well as whoever else out there cares to follow along.

It may be that the title of this blog seems frivolous to some people, and maybe it is. But I have an idea that there will be a lot of ups and downs for me over the next few months, and that I will have a hard time being separated from my family. It is also possible that I may see some things that will be depressing or distressing. I want to make sure I keep my sense of humor, and keep a positive attitude about what I as an individual and what we as a country are doing over there.

Besides, I think it *will* be an excellent adventure! I doubt if George Carlin will drop in to give me advice, and I definitely don’t have a magic telephone booth to whisk me around, but I do think it will be an adventure, and I do think that in some small way I will be helping to make the world a better place in the future.

I plan to post a couple of earlier entries that I have sent to people as emails, but I don't know if it will let me pre-date them as I am new to this blog software. So we'll see how it evolves.

1 Comments:

At 19:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad..

This is Lynnie, not George Carlin, sorry! LOL
Gosh, I wish you the best of luck!
If you need a pen-pal when you're feeling lonely or down, feel free to look me up.
I find your journal fascinating!
What a courageous man you are!
Cheers from Canada!

Lynnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home