Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back in the Fight

Sunday 11/19/06
1000

This could have been written Friday evening, but I just didn’t have time since I was catching up from being out of the net for 36 hours. By Friday morning I was all better and back to work. Same bureaucratic frustrations and ups and downs – I got some things done and have to find new approaches for some other things, and of course got a whole new pile of things to do. (It’s not just a job – it’s an adventure!)

It’s getting harder and harder to find new things to write about, since every day is pretty much like any other day. The day-to-day details of my work are not really appropriate subjects for blog entries. It’s certainly not classified, but it does encompass an aspect of operational readiness. Besides, who wants to read daily descriptions of the challenges involved in getting washing machines repaired? (“Phone calls were placed and forms filled out fearlessly – endless emails circulated - mighty memos written – bureaucratic battles fought and mountains of paperwork conquered!”)

Ho-hum… :-)

Anyway, I’m fine.


We have periodic exercises to make sure everybody has their tactical gear ready at hand. Since we were all walking around like this for a couple of days, I thought some new photos of me would be in keeping with the title of this entry. Here are some new photos of me, taken Friday:

*The Fighting FMO

Here's a photo of me with a more serious look:

*ACH & SLIRPE

*ACH & SLIRPE (H&S)

I got some smiles out of a sign somebody made the other day with a new motto on it: “Non est Opus Mei”, which is at least some semblance of the Latin for “It’s Not My Job”. Kind of fits what I hear a lot as I try to learn how to get things done around here.

One of the first things I did when I got to this job was to tear down all the signs in our office that had negative messages on them like “The Answer is Always No”, etc. I don’t want to project a cynical attitude, but rather a helpful, positive one. But this sign is up where only I can see it, as a sort of private joke to help me keep smiling as I run into the inevitable obstacles.

I’m headed off for the PX to do some shopping, and I’ll stop in the library to upload this. Later on I’ll go to the internet café and hook up my own PC for my weekly update. And if I get *really* ambitious, I’ll go back to the office and tackle an ILE class. We’ll see.

Oh, BTW – they finally got in some Kiwi Desert Boot Care Kits at the MCSS. I guess they finally got the new Plan-O-Gram... :-)

Mood: Happy:
Music: Franz Danzi - Bassoon Concertos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home