Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Proud of my Eagle Scout

Tuesday, 11/7/06
0600

My son Conor received his Eagle Scout award last night, and I'm very proud of him. :-)

The last thing I thought of when I went to sleep last night was that I wished I could be there, and the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning at 0500 was that he was probably still at the ceremony back in Michigan, since it was 9:00 PM there.

His grandparents came to be there for it, and I'm sure his mother also went, so it isn't as if he was alone. But scouting was pretty important to me both as a boy and as a father/scout leader, and so I really regret not being able to be there with him.

Like most boys his age, other interests (sports, girlfriend, music, friends, truck) plus the requirements of schoolwork made scouting less and less a part of his life and harder and harder to find time for. That's one of the reasons that so few scouts make it to Eagle, and one reason why I'm especially proud of him for sticking with it and achieving the award.

He's a good boy, and he's turning into a fine young man.

Congratulations, Conor!

Mood: Proud
Music: Reveille

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home