Saturday, October 06, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

6 October 2007
2300

Well, I’m another year older and it feels fine. My family called (well, emailed and IM’d) to wish me a happy day, and sent me some nice treats.

A funny thing happened by coincidence – I decided to watch a movie last night, and chose “It Could Happen to You” with Nicholas Cage and Bridgit Fonda. It’s a nice “feel good” movie and put me in a pleasant frame of mind.

I woke up this morning on my birthday with the theme music from the movie stuck in my head. It wasn’t until I caught myself whistling it on the way to the mess hall that I realized it was Frank Sinatra singing “Young At Heart”. :-)

So I guess I must be!

I went to the PX tonight and took my usual turn past the movie rack to see if there was anything good. There usually isn’t anything I want, but today a favorite showed up, so I bought it for myself as a birthday present: “Mrs. Henderson Presents” with Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins. It’s another wonderful “feel good” movie, with a blend of humor and pathos that always tugs my heartstrings. So I’m happy to add it to my collection.

It will present a dilemma, though – where should I put it in my DVD library? Does it go under “War Movies”, “Comedies”, or “Feel Good” films? Hmmm…decisions, decisions. I’ll probably follow the precedent I set with “A Very Long Engagement” and put it in the “Feel Good” section even though it is set during WWII. (I can hear my daughter saying “OCD, Dad, OCD!”). ;-)

Anyway, it’s been a good day.

Mood: Happy
Music: Frank Sinatra – Young At Heart

2 Comments:

At 16:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brad!

From Joe Nagrant

 
At 21:59, Blogger tamsterpants said...

Happy Birthday My darling! I am so glad you were born! xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home